- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Enter employee information into the payroll system.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective agreement provisions.
- Conduct verifications of employment.
- Distribute and collect timecards each pay period.
- Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the US payroll process.
- Balance cash and payroll accounts.
- Complete, verify, and process forms and documentation for the administration of benefits such as pension plans, and unemployment and medical insurance.
- Posting payroll journals in accounting software.
Requirements for Successful Candidate:
- Bachelors degree in Commerce/Accounting/Business Administration. Masters degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience processing Payroll and Timesheets.
- Proficiency in Mathematics and English (must be able to read, write and speak comfortably).
- Must be an active listener, paying attention to detail.
- Must possess effective and excellent communication skills.
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Should be a critical thinker who uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Judicious time management skills for managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Mandatory computer skills: MS Office (Word Processors, Spreadsheets), MS Access (Database user interface and queries), email communication with clients.
About the Firm:
Accelerated Growth is now a Sikich company. Sikich LLP is a global company specializing in technology-enabled professional services. With more than 1,500 employees, Sikich draws on a diverse portfolio of technology solutions to deliver transformative digital strategies and ranks as one of the largest CPA firms in the United States. From corporations and not-for-profits to state and local governments and federal agencies, Sikich clients utilize a broad spectrum of services* and products to help them improve performance and achieve long-term, strategic goals.