An outsourced recruiting services company specializing in recruiting for information technology, human resources, and marketing positions for companies located in the Chicago-land area. The company had built a solid portfolio across its verticals but wanted to be poised to capture stronger growth going forward.
After using a more distant managed-service accounting vendor previously, the founder wanted a robust finance/accounting solution that would offer improved, streamlined services to the granular level. Also, there was no formal monthly financial review, which limited operational decision making significantly. Lastly, with underlying partner issues and misalignment of vision, AG was positioned to help at both fundamental and strategic levels for the client
AG’s Approach & results
AG’s tasks included the following:
- Took on a comprehensive finance role including managed services, (invoicing, banking transactions) transactional close, and monthly financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Set up of financial infrastructure for the finance/accounting function and worked directly with the CEO to ensure the structure of operations would go smoothly with the business model
- Created a monthly financial package as well as reporting tools and processes, working with all departments of the organization to create data-driven dashboards that combined financial and operational metrics
- Implemented new finance/accounting processes to better capture gross-margin by business line (HR, IT, Marketing) analysis
- Assisted CEO with partner buy-out and navigating strategic refresh for firm go-forward