We are currently seeking an Accounting Associate who shares our passion for helping our clients build exceptional companies. They will work with Analysts and Senior Analysts, middle- and upper-management within our client companies, and internally within AGA to deliver data reports to AGA clients. This role will help drive results within the business by providing accurate and timely data through ownership of the full revenue cycle and payables. They will assist in executing monthly close activities, financial reporting, and providing other decision support to leadership.
Projects might include the following tasks:
- Financial statement preparation, account reconciliation, accounts receivable follow-ups, AP processing, and payroll processing
- Preparing reports, budgets, cash-flow models, and supplemental reporting to verify that data is correctly posted and transactions properly classified
- Verifying report schedules, ensuring that reports sent to clients are accurate and sent within scheduled timeframes
- Performing month-end close activities
This is an Analyst development position which will have a two-year rotation. At the end of the rotation, you will have enough experience and skills to be an Analyst at AGA. While Accounting Associates must have business analytic and accounting skills to be successful in this position, they must also have the interpersonal skills required to present their data to the clients’ management teams. They must be able to effectively manage multiple priorities and provide a high level of quality support to team members, management, and our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related or Accounting. Degrees focusing on accounting strongly preferred
- Analytical skills to research and resolve inquiries/data
- Organizational skills to provide client reports within scheduled timeframes
- Self-starter, creative, and thrives under limited supervision
- Pro-active approach to accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required; experience with other Microsoft Office products and accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks)
Required Experience: Entry Level