The AGA team is comprised of individuals with a unique combination of big-firm experience and a passion for entrepreneurship. The desire to have immediate, lasting impact is what drives us. To be clear, the impact we wish to have isn’t just for the clients we work with. We wish to impact each other, and no less audacious, the entire entrepreneurial ecosystem in Chicago.
What Drives Us?
At AGA, we operate in an open and welcoming environment that promotes both the personal and professional development of every member of the AGA team. Our work is fast-paced and demands both energy and flexibility. We are looking to add members to our team who would thrive in these conditions. If you are interested in applying to one of our available positions please read the application instructions listed below.
We are currently seeking a senior analyst who shares our passion for helping our clients build exceptional companies. Senior analysts are thought-leaders who provide support and guidance to a variety of personnel including other analysts, middle- and upper-management within our client companies, and internally within AGA. They will lead client and internal teams to drive projects from start to completion.
Projects might include in the following tasks:
• Building financial infrastructure
• Streamlining reporting and processes
• Institute practices to increase retention
• Assisting management in the development in go-to market strategy
• Accelerating revenue growth and profitability
• Other management consulting activities
Senior Analysts are well-versed in finance and accounting and responsible for analysis of client finances. They will touch almost every aspect of a company’s operations, including: corporate strategy, IT, marketing, sales, operations, and human resources. They are autonomous specialists responsible for the design, integration, and implementation of key systems and processes that business-owners will rely upon to run their companies. Senior analysts will also be responsible for firm initiatives, marketing, business development, and preparation of materials for client proposals and presentations.
• 2-4 years of experience in a consultative, analytical role.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related or engineering field. Degrees focusing on finance and operations preferred.
• Self-starter, creative, and thrives under limited supervision
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and project management skills.
• Demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required; experience with other Microsoft Office products preferred.
Required Experience: Accounting 2+ years
We are currently seeking an Accounting Associate who shares our passion for helping our clients build exceptional companies. They will work with Analysts and Senior Analysts, middle- and upper-management within our client companies, and internally within AGA to deliver data reports to AGA clients. Accounting Associates are entry-level employees who have an interest in enhancing their accounting skills in an impactful role. While they must have business analytic and accounting skills to be successful in this position, they must also have the interpersonal skills required to present their data to the clients’ management teams. The Accounting Associate must be able to effectively manage multiple priorities and provide a high level of quality support to team members, management, and our clients.
Projects might include:
• Financial statement preparation, account reconciliation, accounts receivable follow-ups, AP processing, and payroll processing
• Preparing reports, budgets, cash-flow models, and supplemental reporting to verify that data is correctly posted and transactions properly classified
• Verifying report schedules, ensuring that reports sent to clients are accurate and sent within scheduled timeframes
• Performing month-end close activities
Accounting Associate Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related or Accounting. Degrees focusing on accounting strongly preferred
• Analytical skills to research and resolve inquiries/data
• Organizational skills to provide client reports within scheduled timeframes
• Self-starter, creative, and thrives under limited supervision
• Pro-active approach to accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong problem-solving and project management skills
• Demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required; experience with other Microsoft Office products and accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks)
• Entry Level
We are currently seeking a Business Analyst Intern who shares our passion for helping our clients build exceptional companies.
The Business Analyst Intern is a client-facing position that will perform the following activities:
• Analyze client data to discover trends and insights that can be used to improve profitability.
• Map out and streamline core business processes to improve organizational efficiency.
• Create financial models and forecasts to assess the impact of business decisions.
• Perform research in the areas of business and product development to prioritize new avenues of growth.
• Develop strategic plans to drive retention, profitability, and growth of our clients.
• Assist in internal business development through sourcing potential deals with prospects.
• Prepare presentations of our clients’ financial health directly to entrepreneurs and management teams.
• Progress towards a degree from a top-tier university in Business, Finance or related major.
• Professional work experience, preferably within a consulting, private equity or venture capital capacity.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products required.
• Experience interacting directly with clients and management teams.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Analytical mindset and the ability to quickly condense large data sets into actionable takeaways.
• Ability to independently manage one’s work on multiple tasks across multiple projects.
• High attention to detail and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
Application Question: Please write a response that answers the following questions.
1. How does entrepreneurial activity impact today’s marketplace?
2. Why do you think you have the ability to help entrepreneurs execute their vision?
Your response need not exceed 500 words. Please compose it in the text of the email message along with your cover letter.